Latest News

3 taken to hospital, including 1 with burn injuries, after fire in Kovan condo

February 19, 2026 at 01:17 AM
By The Straits Times
About 100 people had evacuated from the affected block before the SCDF arrived.

Analysis & Context

About 100 people had evacuated from the affected block before the SCDF arrived. 3 taken to hospital, including 1 with burn injuries, after fire in Kovan condo. Stay informed with the latest developments and expert analysis on this important story.
About 100 people had evacuated from the affected block before the SCDF arrived. 3 taken to hospital, including 1 with burn injuries, after fire in Kovan condoSign up now: Get ST's newsletters delivered to your inboxAlessia MahPublished Feb 19, 2026, 09:17 AMUpdated Feb 19, 2026, 09:24 AMSINGAPORE – Six people were rescued and three were taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a condominium in Kovan in the early hours of Feb 19.In a Facebook post, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to a fire at 6 Kovan Rise at 2.30am.Checks by The Straits Times showed that this is the address of the Kovan Regency condominium.Upon the SCDF’s arrival, a unit on the 14th floor was on fire.Firefighters heard shouts for help and sounds of pounding on doors from within the unit, the SCDF said. They immediately entered the smoke-filled two-storey unit and began a search.Four people were rescued from the first level and two from the second level.The fire, which involved the kitchen and the living room on the first level, was extinguished with one water jet. The rest of the unit sustained varying degrees of heat and smoke damage.Of the six people rescued, three were assessed for smoke inhalation. One of them also sustained burn injuries. All three persons were taken to Singapore General Hospital.The remaining three were assessed and did not require ambulance assistance.About 100 people had evacuated from the affected block before the SCDF arrived.The cause of the fire is under investigation.The Straits Times has contacted the SCDF and the police for more information.More on this topicAbout 150 people evacuated after fire breaks out at Teban Gardens HDB blockFire breaks out at restaurant in Chinatown, no injuries reportedSee more onFiresSCDFAccidents

Related Articles

📰

‘We are not there to be sycophants’: The MAFS spin-off promised nothing was off limits. Did it deliver?

After the Dinner Party is trying to pull off a difficult balancing act: appealing to fans, while also extending the show’s brand.

Feb 19, 2026
How BBC plans to celebrate Sir David Attenborough’s monumental 100th birthday

How BBC plans to celebrate Sir David Attenborough’s monumental 100th birthday

Feb 19, 2026
Top US commander makes surprise visit to Venezuela weeks after Maduro capture

Top US commander makes surprise visit to Venezuela weeks after Maduro capture

The top commander overseeing US forces in Latin America, General Francis Donovan, and senior Pentagon official Joseph Humire made a surprise visit to Venezuela on Wednesday for security talks, US officials said. The trip is the first by a US military delegation since US ‌forces captured Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro in an audacious raid last month and whisked him to New York to face drug-trafficking charges. The visit was first reported by Reuters. Venezuela’s government said the US military...

Feb 19, 2026
 Tohoku Electric submits improvement plan after improper tests at nuclear plant

Tohoku Electric submits improvement plan after improper tests at nuclear plant

Irregularities at the plant were due to lack of awareness of the importance of work to protect nuclear materials and insufficient involvement by senior officials, the firm said.

Feb 19, 2026
More than 50 blindfolded fraternity hopefuls found in Iowa basement, resurfaced video shows

More than 50 blindfolded fraternity hopefuls found in Iowa basement, resurfaced video shows

This is the moment police found more than 50 half-naked, blindfolded fraternity pledges standing in a dirty basement during an alleged hazing ritual.

Feb 19, 2026
📰

Jacinta Allan snaps at reporter over 'disinterested' comment

Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan briefly stalled a press conference after a reporter accused her of "looking disinterested".

Feb 19, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.