Latest News

Australia news LIVE: Director of camp holding IS brides says they presented valid documents, passports; Close associate of Martin Luther King Jr and civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies at 84

February 17, 2026 at 07:45 PM
By Sydney Morning Herald
Follow along as we bring you the latest live news updates from Australia and beyond.

Analysis & Context

Follow along as we bring you the latest live news updates from Australia and beyond. Australia news LIVE: Director of camp holding IS brides says they presented valid documents, passports; Close associate of Martin Luther King Jr and civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies at 84. Stay informed with the latest developments and expert analysis on this important story.
Follow along as we bring you the latest live news updates from Australia and beyond. Australia news LIVE: Director of camp holding IS brides says they presented valid documents, passports; Close associate of Martin Luther King Jr and civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies at 84Open accessibility guide

Related Articles

Pangilinan bill also seeks abolition of travel tax

Pangilinan bill also seeks abolition of travel tax

MANILA, Philippines — Another bill seeking to abolish the mandatory travel tax for Filipinos flying overseas has been filed in the Senate. Filed by Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan, Senate Bill No. 1843, also known as “An Act Abolishing the Travel Tax,” aims to reduce the expenses for Filipinos going on trips abroad, particularly those with

Feb 17, 2026
DepEd: Proposed school trimester system still under review

DepEd: Proposed school trimester system still under review

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Education (DepEd) clarified on Tuesday that the proposed shift to a trimester system remains under study amid concerns raised by lawmakers, teachers and other education stakeholders. “The trimester system remains a proposal, and no final decision has been made,” the DepEd said, referring to Education Secretary Sonny Angara’s suggestion

Feb 17, 2026
Still no sign of Atong Ang despite 10 raids last week

Still no sign of Atong Ang despite 10 raids last week

MANILA, Philippines — Despite 10 raids that were conducted last week in the continuing search for fugitive Charlie “Atong” Ang, there has been no sign of the gambling tycoon, according to Interior and Local Government Secretary Jonvic Remulla. Ang is facing several arrest warrants issued by three different courts over the disappearance of at least

Feb 17, 2026
đź“°

Armed man arrested outside US Capitol building

US police have arrested an armed man outside the US Capitol building.

Feb 17, 2026
Man arrested after rushing the Capitol with a loaded shotgun, wearing a tactical vest

Man arrested after rushing the Capitol with a loaded shotgun, wearing a tactical vest

A Kevlar helmet and gas mask were also discovered in his vehicle, alongside additional ammunition.

Feb 17, 2026
Rhode Island shooter killed son and ex-wife in hockey rink rampage, family says

Rhode Island shooter killed son and ex-wife in hockey rink rampage, family says

Feb 17, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.