Latest News

Barry Manilow says his “lungs aren’t ready yet” and postpones more shows following cancer surgery

February 21, 2026 at 09:39 AM
By Laura Molloy
Barry Manilow says his “lungs aren’t ready yet” and postpones more shows following cancer surgery
"When I do come back, I will COME BACK!!!” The post Barry Manilow says his “lungs aren’t ready yet” and postpones more shows following cancer surgery appeared first on NME.
"When I do come back, I will COME BACK!!!” The post Barry Manilow says his “lungs aren’t ready yet” and postpones more shows following cancer surgery appeared first on NME. NewsMusic News Barry Manilow says his “lungs aren’t ready yet” and postpones more shows following cancer surgery "When I do come back, I will COME BACK!!!” By Laura Molloy 21st February 2026 Barry Manilow. CREDIT: Scott Legato/Getty Images Barry Manilow has postponed his upcoming arena tour following recent cancer surgery. In December, the musician shared that he would be having surgery to remove a “cancerous spot” found on his lung. At the time, Manilow said that he had been suffering from bronchitis for several weeks, and the cancer was caught out of “pure luck” on a precautionary MRI scan. He confirmed the cancer had been caught early enough for him not to need chemotherapy or radiation. Advertisement Then, in January, he issued a positive update, saying he was feeling “better” after the surgery, but later cancelled his planned Valentine’s weekend concerts. Now, the musician has shared he will be postponing his planned 2026 farewell arena tour after a “very depressing visit” to his surgeon. In a statement shared to Instagram yesterday (February 20), he said that, despite using the treadmill three times a day, he still couldn’t sing more than three songs in a row before having to stop. He told fans that his surgeon had said: “Barry, you won’t be ready to do a 90 minute show. Your lungs aren’t ready yet. You’re in great shape considering what you’ve been through, but your body isn’t ready. You shouldn’t do the first Arena shows. You won’t make it through.” Manilow added that while “deep down” he wanted to go back on stage, his “body knew what my heart didn’t want to admit: I wasn’t ready.” View this post on Instagram Recommended The cancelled shows are those in the first batch, running from February 27 to March 17. He explained that he still plans to perform the Las Vegas shows at the “very end of March” and the second batch of concerts at the beginning of April. “I’m SO, SO sorry I have to reschedule some of these first Arena shows. Again!” the singer wrote, before promising, “But when I do come back, I will COME BACK!!!” Manilow then thanked fans for their support and wrote, “The doctor said that my body had been through hell and that it needed time to heal. So, I’m going back to healing. All my love and gratitude, B.” Advertisement Prior to these shows, Manilow had been playing his final US arena tour. He also played what were billed as his final UK dates last year, including a residency at the London Palladium. When announcing these shows, he wrote: “In 1978, The London Palladium is where I began my love affair with the British public. These shows will be my last full concerts in Britain and I wanted to end where I began – at the London Palladium.” Related TopicsBarry ManilowLive Music NewsPop You May Also Like Advertisement TRENDING The NME 100: essential emerging artists for 2026 ‘Strip Law’ review: Netflix’s animated legal comedy is crude, silly and very funny Confessions of a GAME employee: “My Mario costume had a funky smell” Westside Cowboy’s fun-loving indie rock comes straight from the heart Shoegaze revivalists Glixen are noise-rock giants in the making Advertisement More Stories Film News Charli XCX says sudden popularity of ‘Brat’ was “heavy, confusing and a very vulnerable change” Music News KATSEYE’s Manon to take “temporary hiatus” from group to focus on “health and wellbeing” Music News Two Door Cinema Club announce massive 15th anniversary show at New York’s Madison Square Garden Music News Sam Fender breaks record to score first Number One single as Charli XCX tops UK album chart Music News Boy Kill Boy announce London reunion gig to celebrate 20 years of debut ‘Civilian’ Music News Zara Larsson and Perfume Genius plead with Wikipedia over photo choice
Share:

Help us improve this article. Share your feedback and suggestions.

Related Articles

📰

‘Four Minus Three’ Wins Europa Cinemas Prize

Adrian Goiginger's true-life dramedy follows professional clowns struck by tragedy.

Feb 21, 2026
📰

Reliance’s Jio Studios pulls back anti-piracy case on Dhurandhar before Madras High Court

In a recent development, the Madras High Court has allowed Reliance Industries Limited to withdraw its commercial lawsuit concerning alleged piracy threats to the film Dhurandhar. The matter, titled Reliance Industries Limited vs BSNL, was taken up on February 18.The case was heard by Justice Senthilkumar Ramamoorthy, who recorded the withdrawal after counsel appearing for Reliance informed the Bench that instructions had been received from the client to discontinue the proceedings. In view of the submission, the Court dismissed the suit as withdrawn, without imposing any costs, and also closed the related interim applications.Reliance, through its media division Jio Studios, had initiated the commercial action under the provisions of the Copyright Act, 1957. The objective was to secure permanent injunctions aimed at preventing unauthorised online circulation and cable transmission of Dhurandhar. The plea was in the nature of a pre-release anti-piracy measure, a remedy frequently pursued by film producers ahead of a theatrical launch.A broad spectrum of entities had been named as defendants in the matter. These included telecom service providers, internet intermediaries and cable distribution networks such as Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), MTNL, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea, Tata Communications, Sify Technologies, Hathway, GTPL Hathway, Asianet Satellite Communications and Spectra ISP Networks, along with several regional cable operators.Among the directions sought, Reliance had requested that internet and telecom intermediaries be instructed to block access to websites found hosting infringing copies of the film, upon receiving notice of such violations. The company had also asked for prohibition orders restraining cable operators and other platforms from facilitating cam-recording, duplication, broadcast, distribution or transmission of the film through cable television, DTH services, satellite systems, internet platforms or storage devices.Earlier, on December 5, the Court had granted interim protection, restraining service providers and cable operators from airing or enabling access to pirated versions of the film.However, when the matter was listed again on February 18, Reliance’s counsel conveyed the decision to withdraw the suit and made a formal endorsement to that effect. The Court subsequently passed a brief order recording the withdrawal and closing the proceedings. The judicial order did not specify any reasons for the company’s decision to step back from the case.Reliance was represented in the matter by Advocate S. Deepak, instructed by PK Law Firm.Meanwhile, the team of Dhurandhar is currently gearing up for the release of the second part of the film Dhurandhar – The Revenge. While the trailer launch is expected to be held within a few weeks, the film will hit cinemas on March 19.Also Read: Ranveer Singh returns as ‘Lyari King’ in Dhurandhar 2; insiders say his presence adds “gravitas” to the sequel

Feb 21, 2026
Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up

Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up

Smerz, Daniel Avery and James K are among those set to perform at the Southwark festival this August The post Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up appeared first on NME.

Feb 21, 2026
What Happened to Xbox President Sarah Bond? Amid Phil Spencer's Retirement and Asha Sharma's Promotion, Long-Term Protégé Resigns

What Happened to Xbox President Sarah Bond? Amid Phil Spencer's Retirement and Asha Sharma's Promotion, Long-Term Protégé Resigns

As the dust settles on Microsoft's dramatic changes at the top of its gaming team, fans are digesting the shock resignation of Xbox President Sarah Bond, after nearly a decade working on the console brand.

Feb 21, 2026
Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party

Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party

Publicly addressing their deaths for the first time, he said there was no other word but "awful" to describe the loss The post Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party appeared first on NME.

Feb 21, 2026
📰

Ranbir Kapoor leases five floors in Andheri for 20 years to revive RK Studios

Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor and his family are taking a major step toward reviving their cinematic legacy by leasing five floors in a commercial complex in Andheri East, Mumbai, for 20 years to establish a new iteration of the legendary RK Studios. The development, reported by multiple outlets, signals a significant return for a brand that once defined Hindi cinema.The original RK Studios, founded by Ranbir’s grandfather, the late “Showman” Raj Kapoor — was located in Chembur but was sold in 2018 after a devastating fire and mounting maintenance challenges. This new lease is seen as a bold attempt to bring the prestige and infrastructure of the studio back to life in a modern setting. According to industry reports, the five-floor space at Kanakia Wall Street will be transformed into a cutting-edge production and creative hub. Plans include soundstages equipped for virtual production, editing and post-production suites, screening rooms, VFX facilities and dedicated offices for the Kapoor family’s creative and administrative teams. The project reportedly also plans for hospitality areas and archival storage to house extensive RK memorabilia and film history.While financial terms of the lease have not been disclosed, sources suggest that operations could begin as early as mid-2026, contingent on final clearances and approvals. The facility is expected to host multiple film and advertising shoots simultaneously, making it a competitive entrant among Mumbai’s production spaces.The revival comes amid broader speculation about Ranbir Kapoor’s creative ambitions, with insiders hinting that the new studio could serve as the base for his future directorial ventures. Industry observers see the move as not only a tribute to RK Studios’ storied past but also a strategic investment in the future of Indian cinema.Also Read: Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Dad’ moment with Raha steals attention as Alia Bhatt joins Neetu at a wedding

Feb 21, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.