The UFC will host an unprecedented fight card on 14 June, seemingly on the South Lawn
Analysis & Context
The UFC will host an unprecedented fight card on 14 June, seemingly on the South Lawn Dana White gives major UFC White House update: ‘The card is built’. Stay informed with the latest developments and expert analysis on this important story.
The UFC will host an unprecedented fight card on 14 June, seemingly on the South Lawn
SportUFCDana White gives major UFC White House update: ‘The card is built’The UFC will host an unprecedented event on 14 June, seemingly on the South LawnAlex Pattle Combat Sports Editor Tuesday 17 February 2026 16:24 GMTBookmarkCommentsGo to commentsBookmark popoverRemoved from bookmarksClose popoverUFC's Dana White trashes Eddie Hearn and 'babies' in boxingYour support helps us to tell the storyRead moreSupport NowFrom reproductive rights to climate change to Big Tech, The Independent is on the ground when the story is developing. Whether it's investigating the financials of Elon Musk's pro-Trump PAC or producing our latest documentary, 'The A Word', which shines a light on the American women fighting for reproductive rights, we know how important it is to parse out the facts from the messaging.At such a critical moment in US history, we need reporters on the ground. Your donation allows us to keep sending journalists to speak to both sides of the story.The Independent is trusted by Americans across the entire political spectrum. And unlike many other quality news outlets, we choose not to lock Americans out of our reporting and analysis with paywalls. We believe quality journalism should be available to everyone, paid for by those who can afford it.Your support makes all the difference.Read moreThe card for the UFC’s unprecedented White House event is “done”, according to the promotion’s president Dana White, as fans await news on who exactly will compete.On 14 June, the UFC will host a fight card to celebrate 250 years of the United States, with the event taking place on Donald Trump’s 80th birthday.The US president is close friends with UFC chief White, and the pair have been planning an event that is seemingly due to take place on the South Lawn. Other details to emerge have included an attendance of around 3,000-4,000, a total of six to seven fights, and a lack of ticket sales.While fans are still speculating over which fighters will compete, White has now said the card is complete.RecommendedRonda Rousey to make shock return to MMA after 10-year absenceScathing Dana White mocks Eddie Hearn to ignite boxing feud: ‘Like beating up babies’Sean Strickland launches tirade at Khamzat Chimaev over former training partner’s UFC title reign“We have like two different options laid out, and the matchmaking process has already started,” White said on Sunday, before seemingly clarifying: “Yeah, we got the White House card done last week.“No, I’m not saying anything [on how many title fights there will be].”One journalist asked what White meant by “two different options”, but the 56-year-old’s comments provided little clarity.open image in galleryDana White (left) is close friends with US president Donald Trump (Getty)“We laid out two different options,” White said. “I didn’t say it was done; I said the card was built. I’m not talking about the White House card [any more than that].”When asked how the UFC would announce the fights, White said: “We don’t know yet, as we get closer we’ve been kicking around a lot of ideas.“Me and [UFC executive Craig] Borsari actually fly to DC this week and sit down with the president and his team, and start walking them through not just the production but the fight card.“We have like three different options on all the different production stuff – see what he likes and doesn’t like. But let me tell you this: this event is gonna be so badass and so unique and so special, and so expensive.”open image in galleryConor McGregor (left) hasn’t fought since breaking his leg against Dustin Poirier in 2021 (Getty Images)Retired champion Jon Jones and the long-absent Conor McGregor have thrown their names in the hat for possible bouts at the White House, though the UFC president has been coy on each man’s involvement. White suggested he could not trust Jones, whose career has been marred by numerous legal issues and failed drug tests, while McGregor has also had legal issues and hasn’t fought since 2021 – when he suffered a broken leg.Former bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley said on his YouTube channel on Monday: “They said they were starting the White House card last week, I haven’t got a call. I haven’t got a jingle, haven’t heard nothing. “The old ‘Suga’ Show’ might not be on the White House. It's still so far out [though], like, it's still far enough out to... I don’t know. I’m seeing Jon Jones... Conor vs Nate (Diaz), but it’s like: they’ve got to do something big.”O’Malley has been linked to a potential rematch with Petr Yan, who currently holds the 135lb title, at the White House. “Suga’ Sean” narrowly outpointed Yan in 2022, after the Russian’s first reign as champion and before O’Malley held the belt.More aboutDana WhiteWhite HouseDonald TrumpJoin our commenting forumJoin thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their repliesCommentsMost popularPopular videosBulletinRead next