Latest News

Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views

February 18, 2026 at 11:14 AM
By Liberty Dunworth
Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views
“No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events” The post Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views appeared first on NME.

Analysis & Context

“No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events” The post Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views appeared first on NME. This article provides comprehensive coverage and analysis of current events.
“No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events” The post Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views appeared first on NME. NewsMusic News Ex-Misfits frontman Michale Graves speaks out gigs cancelled across the UK due to right-wing views “No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events” By Liberty Dunworth 18th February 2026 Michale Graves. CREDIT: Jun Sato/WireImage/Getty Ex-Misfits singer Michale Graves has spoken out about a number of his shows being cancelled in the UK due to his right-wing views. The singer has faced criticism in recent years due to comments stemming back to 2020, when he publicly endorsed American far-right group The Proud Boys online. He then sparked more debate in 2021 when he spoke out in support of the MAGA supporters who took to Capitol Hill on January 6 to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory in Congress. Advertisement Now, Graves has seen his past comments have an impact on his upcoming UK ‘Sticks And Stones’ tour with the American Monster Band, and a number of venues have decided to cancel performances due to pressure from the punk community. As reported by Searchlight, last week saw music fans protest his upcoming gig at The Underworld in Camden, London, and as a result have managed to get the event cancelled. The gig no longer appears on the venue’s website, and operators told the outlet that it has been called off. As well as that, the Holy Diver venue in Stockport has now axed a show set to take place on February 28, and issued a statement saying that the venue is “and always will be” a “space for everyone”. It also added that it was not “politically aligned with Graves’ views in any way whatsoever”, and would be contacting ticketholders soon in regard to refunds. The planned London gig of US fascist singer Michale Graves has been cancelled after a wave of protests. But other UK gigs are still scheduled. Read more here: https://t.co/NMW1qpCp7z@uaf @AntiRacismDay — @Searchlightmagazine (@Searchlight_mag) February 14, 2026 Recommended A live music venue in Sheffield called Yorkshireman also confirmed recently that it was cancelling Graves’ scheduled appearance on Saturday February 21, and a Welsh venue called Jacs said that they had done the same. “We have listened to the concerns raised, reviewed the information available to us, and reflected on our responsibility as a local, independent venue within our community. In light of everything considered, we believe cancelling the event is the right course of action,” organisers for the venue in Aberdare said. A City Councillor from Worcester has also pushed for a venue in the city to cancel an upcoming performance from Graves, and threatened to boycott the live music space if it refuses. Graves is scheduled to play at The Marrs Bar on Friday (February 20), and Cllr Neil Laurenson called for owner of the venue, Brian Marr, to cancel the show. Advertisement “It’s incredibly disappointing that the Marrs Bar has made the decision not to cancel the gig. Michale Graves has been cancelled across the UK, and I find it embarrassing that Worcester is still on the gig list,” he said. “Michale Graves is a fascist. He supports the Proud Boys and performed in Israel, a genocidal state, in July 2024. I think it would send a powerful message that fascists are not welcome in Worcester if the gig was cancelled,” Laurenson added. “Music is my obsession so I take no pleasure in contacting a local music venue to cancel a local gig. I love music, but I hate fascists. I don’t want the Marrs Bar to suffer in any way. I love the place. But if Brian Marr refuses to cancel the event, I will never set foot in that building again.” View this post on Instagram The venue owner has reaffirmed that he has no intention of scrapping the gig despite pressure from Laurenson, and shared a statement saying that he “will not be drawn into political disputes”. In response to the numerous shows being cancelled, Graves has shared a statement on social media, and said that he does “not promote violence, hatred, or harm”. “Over the past days, I’ve become aware of an aggressive online campaign of organisations and individuals focused on my upcoming shows in Europe,” he began. “I respect that people may hold different opinions or choose not to attend these shows. I am very concerned that venues, staff members, and people simply doing their jobs are now being placed under significant pressure and distress.” He went on to add that his “shows are about music, community, and shared passion” and “bringing people together through music”. View this post on Instagram “The live music scene should remain a safe and inclusive space for everyone — artists, fans, venue staff, and local communities alike. No one should feel unsafe or intimidated for participating in or supporting live music events,” he concluded. “If my music is not for you, I fully respect your choice not to attend. However, I respectfully ask that disagreements remain peaceful and that the hardworking people behind these v

Related Articles

‘KPop Demon Hunters’ stars call for Korean culture to be mainstream: “Drop the K”

‘KPop Demon Hunters’ stars call for Korean culture to be mainstream: “Drop the K”

The film's success is part of a larger wave of hits from the country The post ‘KPop Demon Hunters’ stars call for Korean culture to be mainstream: “Drop the K” appeared first on NME.

Feb 18, 2026
‘How Long Gone Today’ Video Series Launched by Chris Black and Jason Stewart

‘How Long Gone Today’ Video Series Launched by Chris Black and Jason Stewart

“How Long Gone,” the proudly bicoastal elite podcast hosted by Chris Black and Jason Stewart, is expanding into video. In conjunction with Talkhouse and Amplify Pictures, the hosts have launched a new format shot a news-desk studio in Los Angeles. The video series, titled “How Long Gone Today,” will be distributed on YouTube and Spotify, […]

Feb 18, 2026
Digital Content Pioneer Mario Niccolò Messina on Distributing a $10,000 Spaghetti Western to Millions of Viewers via Streaming: ‘I’d Like to Be the Roger Corman of the Third Millennium’

Digital Content Pioneer Mario Niccolò Messina on Distributing a $10,000 Spaghetti Western to Millions of Viewers via Streaming: ‘I’d Like to Be the Roger Corman of the Third Millennium’

Digital distribution and production pioneer Mario Niccolò Messina set up shop in Los Angeles four years ago, after launching an innovative micro budget movies business model in his native Italy. He now has a bigger ambition: “I’d like to be the Roger Corman of the third millennium,” he says. Since establishing his L.A. operation called […]

Feb 18, 2026
Life celebrate “new adventures and beginnings” on striking single ‘The Dollywagon’ to announce new album ‘Abstract/Natural’

Life celebrate “new adventures and beginnings” on striking single ‘The Dollywagon’ to announce new album ‘Abstract/Natural’

"I like to think it sounds like a pulpy Northern-based western," the band said of the song The post Life celebrate “new adventures and beginnings” on striking single ‘The Dollywagon’ to announce new album ‘Abstract/Natural’ appeared first on NME.

Feb 18, 2026
📰

Anupama Parmeswaran to headline psychological thriller backed by Prerna Arora; shoot begins May 2026

Ess Kay Gee Entertainment and Benchmark Storytellers have announced a new feature film starring Anupama Parmeswaran in the lead. The project, described as an intense psychological thriller, will be directed by Shaan and produced by Shivin Narang, Prerna Arora, and Kiran Ballapalli, in association with a leading studio. The title of the film is yet to be revealed.The announcement was made on the occasion of Anupama Parmeswaran's birthday, with the makers unveiling the collaboration and extending their wishes to the actor. Principal photography is scheduled to commence in May 2026. This film also marks a reunion between Anupama and director Shaan following the response to their earlier short film collaboration. What began as a digital project is now being developed into a full-length theatrical feature. The makers indicate that the new venture will expand on the scale and narrative depth compared to their previous outing.Sharing her thoughts on working with the actor, producer Prerna Arora said, “Collaborating with Anupama Parmeswaran on this film feels incredibly special. She brings with her a calm confidence, emotional honesty, and a deep understanding of characters that resonate across regions. I’ve admired the way she connects with audiences in multiple languages, and this project gives us the perfect canvas to explore her strength as a performer. I’m genuinely excited to have her lead this film and to begin this creative journey together.”Ess Kay Gee Entertainment recently released Jatadhara, adding to its expanding production slate. Prerna Arora, a National Award–winning producer, has previously backed several notable Hindi films including Rustom, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Pad Man, and Pari.Anupama Parmeswaran, who has worked across Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam cinema, is known for performances in films such as Premam, Karthikeya 2, DJ Tillu, and Rakshasudu. She continues to maintain a strong presence across multiple regional industries.With the genre confirmed as a psychological thriller and production set to begin in May 2026, further details regarding the cast and storyline are expected to be announced in the coming months.Also Read: After CBFC row, Janaki v/s State of Kerala gets title change and cuts – Here’s what happened

Feb 18, 2026
The Big Bang Theory Star Kunal Nayyar Reveals He Likes to Visit GoFundMe at Night and 'Just Pay Random Families' Medical Bills'

The Big Bang Theory Star Kunal Nayyar Reveals He Likes to Visit GoFundMe at Night and 'Just Pay Random Families' Medical Bills'

Kunal Nayyar has said he's spending some of millions he made playing Raj Koothrappali in The Big Bang Theory to anonymously pay random people's medical bills.

Feb 18, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.