EXCLUSIVE: CBFC replaces ‘Donald Trump’ with ‘Pump Trump’, ‘Dawood Ibrahim’ with ‘Pakistan Don’ in Anurag Kashyap’s Kennedy
Original Source:
Read full article at sourceOriginal Source:
Read full article at sourceEarlier this week, Stephen Colbert claimed CBS lawyers barred The Late Show from airing an interview with U.S. Senate hopeful James Talarico
The Australian filmmaker remembers the American actor, who died last Sunday at 95, as "surly" and "opinionated," but "absolutely great."
“I think sometimes we're taught, subtly or not, that there's only room for a few women at the top," said the country star when accepting a Sharing the Spotlight award from Alicia Keys
Filmmaker Navjot Gulati has alleged that his long-delayed film Pooja Meri Jaan remains unreleased due to ongoing pricing disagreements, revealing that his father’s last wish was to see the film before he passed away in 2024.In an interview with Variety India, Gulati said his father repeatedly asked about the film’s release during the final months of his life. “He kept asking me ‘Kab aayegi teri Pooja’ and I kept telling him soon. But it was not to be,” Gulati shared, adding that his father died waiting for the film to see the light of day.The director further claimed that the film’s co-producer, Amar Kaushik, has not responded to his calls or messages since October 2025. “I'm tired of calling and texting and yet not hearing back. The only reason I'm telling this to the world is because they refuse to have any sort of accountability,” he said.According to Gulati, Pooja Meri Jaan has faced multiple postponements — first slated for 2024, then pushed to 2025, and now still awaiting release in February 2026. He stated that while a streaming platform has shown interest in acquiring the film, negotiations over pricing have continued for nine months without resolution, calling it an “unending cycle.”The film was originally commissioned as an OTT release and was set to stream on JioCinema. However, after the platform merged with Disney+ Hotstar, the producers were reportedly informed that they could explore selling the film to other platforms.Gulati alleged that the production house, Maddock Films, is holding out for a higher price. While he said he understands the commercial considerations, he questioned why alternative release strategies are not being considered. Referring to Luv Films’ recent release Vadh 2, which was originally commissioned for OTT but later released theatrically, Gulati asked why a similar approach could not be adopted for his film.“They will never sell it unless they don't get the price they're looking for. The reality is, they are so consumed by big movies now that they don't care about the small films they have made,” he said.Expressing his fears, Gulati added that he does not want Pooja Meri Jaan to meet the fate of Shoebite, directed by Shoojit Sircar, which remains unreleased despite years of discussion.In a social media note shared in January last year, Gulati wrote about losing his father in November and described the lingering regret that he could not show him what he called his “life’s best work.” The post, tagged with actors Mrunal Thakur and Vikram Singh Chauhan, expressed hope that the film would eventually release.As of now, the makers of Pooja Meri Jaan have not publicly responded to Gulati’s latest remarks.Also Read: Maddock Films-backed Pooja Meri Jaan, Rumi Ki Sharafat, and Sarvagunn Sampanna face delays due to OTT valuation issues: Report
Actor Priyanka Chopra is currently promoting her upcoming film The Bluff, which is set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video on February 25, 2026. At a recent promotional event, she turned heads in a striking couture ensemble by designer Gaurav Gupta, describing the look as a tribute to her character in the film.\Sharing images from the event, Priyanka revealed that the outfit was an ode to Ercell Bodden, the character she portrays in the film. “Wearing this is an ode to Ercell Bodden, my character in The Bluff. In the opening of the film she appears with a dupatta over her head, a subtle but meaningful marker of identity and strength,” she wrote.Expressing her love for the silhouette, she added, “I love a saree. And when I saw this piece walk down the couture runway last month, it felt like a saree with a modern twist. We immediately called Gaurav and asked him to hold it for me.” She further described the ensemble as embodying “a quiet power in its simplicity,” praising the precision of its tailoring, fluid drape and vibrant yellow hue, which she said reflects India’s colourful palette. “To me, this piece is a testament to the growing global scope of Indian fashion and how beautifully our heritage continues to evolve,” she noted.According to the designer’s official handle, Priyanka wore ‘Golden Arc’, a saffron-hued saree gown from the Divine Androgyne Spring Summer ’26 couture collection, first presented in Paris. Crafted in fluid chiffon, the ensemble featured a corseted structure with a sculpted wrap bodice, a softly pleated fall and an extended veil drape. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Priyanka (@priyankachopra) Celebrity stylist Ami Patel also reacted to the look, commenting, “Love / how you wore it and made it your own.”The Bluff recently premiered in Los Angeles, where Priyanka was joined by her husband, singer-actor Nick Jonas. Directed by Frank E. Flowers and co-written with Joe Ballarini, the high-octane action thriller is set in the late 19th-century Caribbean.The film follows Ercell “Bloody Mary” Bodden (played by Priyanka), a former pirate who has left behind her violent past to build a quiet life with her family in the Cayman Islands. Her peace is disrupted when her ruthless former captain, Captain Connor (portrayed by Karl Urban), returns seeking revenge — pulling her back into a dangerous world of sword fights, betrayal and survival.Also Read: Priyanka Chopra credits Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Irrfan Khan for shaping Hollywood path :”Amazing artists that came before me”
Shahid Kapoor’s O'Romeo is having a decent run at the box office and is enjoying a good word of mouth. Moviegoers, who ventured out to see the film on the big screen, were surprised to see the mention of Aamir Khan in the opening disclaimer. Many expected that the superstar might have a cameo in the crime drama. However, Aamir is not present in the film and this made many moviegoers curious about his connection to O'Romeo.Bollywood Hungama has learned the reason behind the special thanks to Aamir. Director Vishal Bhardwaj exclusively told us, “Aamir wanted to hear the script of O'Romeo. And when he heard it, he gave me this idea, that someone should be killed at a crucial point in the film.”Vishal Bhardwaj further revealed, “Killing the lawyer Anjum Ansari (Resh Lamba) in the restaurant was his idea. This is the reason why I thanked him. This suggestion changed so many things for me. Because from there, the protagonist, Ustara (Shahid Kapoor) gets attracted towards the girl (Afshan, played by Triptii Dimri). He realizes, ‘Oh my God, she can do anything to exact revenge’. So, he starts taking her seriously and even nurses her back to health after she gets injured.”Vishal Bhardwaj continued, “So, the whole love story starts from there. That was a big plot point for me. And that's why I wanted to thank Aamir from the bottom of my heart.”Besides Shahid Kapoor, O'Romeo also stars Triptii Dimri, Nana Patekar and Avinash Tiwary while Vikrant Massey, Tamannaah Bhatia and Disha Patani feature in special appearances. It is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. Incidentally, the enterprising and dashing producer celebrated his 60th birthday yesterday, on February 18.As for Aamir Khan, he delivered the successful film, Sitaare Zameen Par (2025) last year and was also seen in an interesting cameo in Rajinikanth-starrer Coolie (2025). At present, he’s gearing up for Lahore 1947. While it features Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta in prominent roles, Aamir reportedly has an extended cameo. Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, it also stars Ali Fazal, Shabana Azmi and others. Recently, Aamir Khan Productions announced that Lahore 1947 will be released on August 13 this year. Before the partition saga, the banner will also release Ek Din on May 1. It stars Junaid Khan and marks the debut of South sensation Sai Pallavi in Hindi cinema.Also Read: O’Romeo actor Kashyap Shangari writes an emotional letter to Vishal Bhardwaj: “To become a part of your cinema, I have gathered a lifetime’s worth of treasure”
We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.