‘Sinners’ Star Wunmi Mosaku On Not Being Able To Celebrate Oscar Nom Amid U.S. Political Turmoil: “One Feels Beautiful And One Is … Truly Dystopian”

Original Source:
Read full article at source
Original Source:
Read full article at sourceA couple of days after the official announcement of Heer Ranjha, the sequel to Laila Majnu, reports about the film’s lead actor have already stirred conversations online.On February 14, 2026, producers Ektaa Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali announced their reunion for the sequel to the 2018 romantic drama Laila Majnu, which originally starred Avinash Tiwary and Triptii Dimri. The new film, titled Heer Ranjha, will be directed by Sajid Ali, who also helmed the original. However, the makers did not reveal any details about the cast at the time of the announcement.On the same day, Variety India reported that Rohit Saraf had been locked in to play the male lead, Ranjha. “While the cast has not been officially announced, Variety India has exclusively learned that Rohit Saraf is locked to play Ranjha,” the report stated.However, Hindustan Times has since spoken to sources close to the film’s development who denied the claim. According to the source, the report is untrue and casting for Heer Ranjha is still underway. The source further added that an official announcement regarding the cast will be made soon.Notably, the makers themselves have not yet issued any statement confirming or denying the speculation around Saraf’s involvement.The buzz around Rohit’s possible casting has nevertheless excited fans, given his growing popularity among younger audiences. The actor was last seen in Sunny Sanskari Ki Tulsi Kumari and is set to return in the fourth season of the hit series Mismatched. He will also feature in the Amazon Prime Video original show Revolutionaries.Also Read: Rohit Saraf, Nitanshi Goel and Rasha Thadani in talks for intense love story backed by Neerja makers: Report

One part medieval Rocky, one part heartbreaking coming-of-age tale, the penultimate episode of the first season of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms packs a punch in every sense of the phrase.
Actor Rajpal Yadav continues to remain in custody at Tihar Jail amid his ongoing legal battle in a cheque-bounce case, his wife Radha Yadav has confirmed. In a recent interaction with Bombay Times, Radha addressed growing speculation that the actor had been released. The rumours intensified after an old video resurfaced online showing Rajpal thanking Salman Khan, leading some to assume he had secured relief.Dismissing the claims, Radha said, “As of now, he is not out of Tihar Jail. The bail hearing is scheduled for Monday (February 16).” When asked about his well-being, she shared a brief but reassuring update. “He is okay, from what I understand,” she added. Family Standing Strong Amid the legal turmoil, Radha emphasised that the family has remained united. “Our whole family is together at this time. We are grateful for the support and love he is receiving from his fans and the film fraternity,” she said, expressing gratitude for the concern shown by colleagues and admirers.There have also been reports suggesting that actors such as Salman Khan, Sonu Sood, and Ajay Devgn stepped in to help clear Rajpal’s financial dues. However, Radha refrained from confirming any specific details.“I can't take any specific names right now, but I would just want to say many people from the industry have stepped in to support. I'm not able to divulge names and figures at this stage,” she said cautiously. The Legal Case Rajpal’s legal troubles stem from a Rs 5 crores loan he took in 2010 to finance his directorial debut, Ata Pata Laapata. After the film underperformed at the box office, repayment issues led to a prolonged court battle. Over time, the outstanding amount, including interest, reportedly rose to nearly Rs 9 crores.While the actor has deposited Rs 75 lakh so far, the court observed that a significant portion remains unpaid, leading to his recent surrender and continued custody. Hope for Resolution Ending on a hopeful note, Radha expressed confidence that the matter would soon be resolved. “We are hopeful that he will be out soon. That's all I can say now. Once Rajpalji is out, he will be able to speak to you and the media and give further clarity on the matter.”As the bail hearing approaches, the family awaits the court’s decision, while support from fans and industry peers continues to pour in.Also Read: Priyadarshan arranges higher fee for Rajpal Yadav amid Rs 9 crores cheque bounce case: “Made a blunder because of his poor education”
The Film Independent Spirit Awards swapped a massive beach tent for a concert hall and its big winners were more indie darlings than Oscar frontrunners.

Myha'la (Harper Stern) and Ken Leung (Eric Tao) discuss their characters' history of blow-out fights.
Actor Ken Leung and creators Mickey Down and Konrad Kay take IndieWire behind the scenes of the conclusion of Eric Tao's Season 4 story, his Eminem-inspired TV debate, and if he'll be back.
We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.