Latest News

Warner Bros reportedly considering restarting sale talks with Paramount

February 15, 2026 at 11:19 PM
By Chandni Shah
Warner Bros reportedly considering restarting sale talks with Paramount
Members of Warner Bros' board are discussing whether Paramount's revised proposal offers a superior deal

Analysis & Context

Members of Warner Bros' board are discussing whether Paramount's revised proposal offers a superior deal Warner Bros reportedly considering restarting sale talks with Paramount. Stay informed with the latest developments and expert analysis on this important story.
Members of Warner Bros' board are discussing whether Paramount's revised proposal offers a superior deal USUS MoneyWarner Bros reportedly considering restarting sale talks with ParamountMembers of Warner Bros' board are discussing whether Paramount's revised proposal offers a superior dealChandni Shah Sunday 15 February 2026 23:19 GMTBookmarkCommentsGo to commentsBookmark popoverRemoved from bookmarksClose popoverParamount Sweetens Warner Bros. Discovery BidYour support helps us to tell the storyRead moreSupport NowFrom reproductive rights to climate change to Big Tech, The Independent is on the ground when the story is developing. Whether it's investigating the financials of Elon Musk's pro-Trump PAC or producing our latest documentary, 'The A Word', which shines a light on the American women fighting for reproductive rights, we know how important it is to parse out the facts from the messaging.At such a critical moment in US history, we need reporters on the ground. Your donation allows us to keep sending journalists to speak to both sides of the story.The Independent is trusted by Americans across the entire political spectrum. And unlike many other quality news outlets, we choose not to lock Americans out of our reporting and analysis with paywalls. We believe quality journalism should be available to everyone, paid for by those who can afford it.Your support makes all the difference.Read moreWarner Bros Discovery is reportedly considering reopening sale talks with rival Hollywood studio Paramount Skydance after an enhanced offer, a move that could affect its current deal with Netflix.Members of Warner Bros' board are discussing whether Paramount's revised proposal offers a superior deal, Bloomberg reported, citing sources. The board has not yet decided how to respond and may still adhere to its current deal with Netflix.Paramount's updated bid, submitted last week, includes provisions to offer shareholders additional cash for every quarter the deal remains unclosed beyond the current year. The CBS owner has also committed to covering any breakup fee Warner Bros would owe Netflix should it withdraw from their existing arrangement, though the per-share offer itself has not been increased.Reuters was unable to immediately verify the report. Paramount, Warner Bros and Netflix did not respond to requests for comment.Both Netflix and Paramount covet Warner Bros for its leading film and television studios. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)Paramount said it has offered shareholders a 25-cent-per-share quarterly "ticking fee" (about $650 million) in cash starting in 2027 until closing and agreed to cover Warner Bros’ $2.8 billion breakup fee to Netflix. However, it did not raise its $30-per-share offer, valuing the deal at $108.4 billion including debt.In a statement, Paramount CEO David Ellison said that the “additional benefits” announced earlier this week “clearly underscore our strong and unwavering commitment to delivering the full value WBD shareholders deserve for their investment.”Both Netflix and Paramount covet Warner Bros for its leading film and television studios, extensive content library and major franchises such as Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and DC Comics superheroes Batman and Superman.Activist investor Ancora Holdings, which has built a nearly $200 million stake, last week said it plans to oppose the Netflix deal, arguing the board did not sufficiently engage with Paramount over its rival bid, which includes cable assets like CNN and TNT.More aboutParamountNetflixWarner BrosJoin our commenting forumJoin thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their repliesCommentsMost popularPopular videosBulletinRead next

Related Articles

Chinese man wins iPhone at company’s party, finds tiles inside box instead, demands apology

Chinese man wins iPhone at company’s party, finds tiles inside box instead, demands apology

A Chinese man experienced an emotional roller coaster as he discovered the latest iPhone model he won at his company’s year-end party turned out to be just tiles. The man, known as Jiang Jiang, said his firm played the prank by announcing him as the winner of its year-end party’s grand prize, an iPhone 17 Pro Max. Jiang, from southern China’s Guangdong province, was ecstatic to receive the prize and decided to wait until he got home to open the box and surprise his wife. According to a video he...

Feb 16, 2026
Hundreds of Malaysians rally to demand arrest of anti-corruption head: ‘enough is enough’

Hundreds of Malaysians rally to demand arrest of anti-corruption head: ‘enough is enough’

Hundreds of black-clad Malaysians gathered in the capital on Sunday, calling for the arrest of anti-corruption chief Azam Baki after reports alleged he had improper shareholdings and that abuse of power took place in the commission he leads. The crowd of mainly young people waved black flags and placards as they assembled outside a shopping centre in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, with a major road temporarily shut to accommodate the demonstration. “We are gathering because the dignity of the law...

Feb 16, 2026
Starmer under fire over Labour think tank probe into journalists

Starmer under fire over Labour think tank probe into journalists

Feb 16, 2026
📰

‘One of the best spots in Clovelly’: Six families fight for $10.4m home

The proceeds of the deceased estate will be donated to charity after six local families competed for the beachside residence.

Feb 16, 2026
📰

Accused Bondi gunman Naveed Akram appears in court for the first time

Accused Bondi gunman Naveed Akram has appeared in front of a Sydney court this morning, facing charges of murder and terrorism.

Feb 16, 2026
Figure Skating-Japan’s Miura and Kihara slip to fifth after lift error, eye comeback in free skate

Figure Skating-Japan’s Miura and Kihara slip to fifth after lift error, eye comeback in free skate

Feb 16, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.