Latest News

Lil Jon shares tribute to late son Nathan Smith: “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name”

February 21, 2026 at 10:41 AM
By Laura Molloy
Lil Jon shares tribute to late son Nathan Smith: “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name”
Smith died earlier this month, aged 27 The post Lil Jon shares tribute to late son Nathan Smith: “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name” appeared first on NME.
Smith died earlier this month, aged 27 The post Lil Jon shares tribute to late son Nathan Smith: “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name” appeared first on NME. NewsMusic News Lil Jon shares tribute to late son Nathan Smith: “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name” Smith died earlier this month, aged 27 By Laura Molloy 21st February 2026 Lil Jon (L) and Nathan Smith in 2018. CREDIT: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Pencils Of Promise Lil Jon has shared a moving tribute to his late son, Nathan Smith, who died earlier this month aged 27. Smith was found dead on February 6 after going missing in Milton, Georgia, earlier that week. The Milton Police Department have said there was no indication of foul play, but an investigation remains ongoing. On Thursday (February 19), Lil Jon – real name Jonathan Smith – shared a tribute to his son on Instagram, after laying him to rest this week. “On the first day of Ramadan yesterday, we laid my only son to rest,” he wrote alongside a slideshow of photos of Smith through the years. “In this holy month, I’m asking for extra du’a for him and for our family. “Please pray that Allah grants him Jannah and grants us sabr, mercy, and strength. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un [To God we belong and to Him we shall return],” he continued. “I love you, son. Life will never be the same without you. Allah, give me strength. Also thank you to everyone who has reached out with condolences, love, and prayers we appreciate you all. “I will make sure the world knows your talent and never forgets your name. Nathan Murray Smith,” the statement concluded. View this post on Instagram Smith was reported missing after running out of his home on foot on February 3. A missing-person notice said he may have been “disoriented and in need of assistance.” Milton police immediately began searching for Smith, and after being unable to locate him, police and other agencies expanded the search to include a pond near Smith’s residence. Shortly before midday Friday, Cherokee County Fire Department divers found a body in the pond, which was later confirmed to be Smith. “I am extremely heartbroken for the tragic loss of our son, Nathan Smith,” Lil Jon said in a statement at the time. “His mother, Nicole Smith, and I are devastated. Nathan was the kindest human being you would ever meet. He was immensely caring, thoughtful, polite, passionate, and warmhearted — he loved his family and the friends in his life to the fullest.” The statement went on to say: “He was an amazingly talented young man; a music producer, an artist and engineer, and graduate of NYU. “We loved Nathan with all of our hearts and are incredibly proud of him. He was loved and appreciated, and in our last times together we’re comforted in knowing that we expressed that very sentiment to him.” Smith performed professionally as DJ Young Slade, and released his debut single ‘Move Thru Fire’ in 2020, shortly after graduating from college. “He was so happy to express his art n do it himself,” Lil Jon said in an Instagram post about the song earlier this month. “I was so proud of him for doing it all on his own.” Related TopicsHip-hopLil JonRap You May Also Like Advertisement TRENDING The NME 100: essential emerging artists for 2026 ‘Strip Law’ review: Netflix’s animated legal comedy is crude, silly and very funny Confessions of a GAME employee: “My Mario costume had a funky smell” Westside Cowboy’s fun-loving indie rock comes straight from the heart Shoegaze revivalists Glixen are noise-rock giants in the making Advertisement More Stories Music News Shortparis frontman Nikolai Komyagin has died, age 39 Music News Charges dropped against country star Conner Smith after fatal crash that killed 77-year-old woman News ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Euphoria’ star Eric Dane dies, aged 53 Film News ‘Pulp Fiction’ actor Peter Greene died after accidentally shooting himself in armpit Music News Florida rapper Lil Poppa dead at 25 Album Reviews Feng – ‘Weekend Rockstar’ review: A visionary indie-pop-rap blend with short-sighted bars
Share:

Help us improve this article. Share your feedback and suggestions.

Related Articles

📰

Reliance’s Jio Studios pulls back anti-piracy case on Dhurandhar before Madras High Court

In a recent development, the Madras High Court has allowed Reliance Industries Limited to withdraw its commercial lawsuit concerning alleged piracy threats to the film Dhurandhar. The matter, titled Reliance Industries Limited vs BSNL, was taken up on February 18.The case was heard by Justice Senthilkumar Ramamoorthy, who recorded the withdrawal after counsel appearing for Reliance informed the Bench that instructions had been received from the client to discontinue the proceedings. In view of the submission, the Court dismissed the suit as withdrawn, without imposing any costs, and also closed the related interim applications.Reliance, through its media division Jio Studios, had initiated the commercial action under the provisions of the Copyright Act, 1957. The objective was to secure permanent injunctions aimed at preventing unauthorised online circulation and cable transmission of Dhurandhar. The plea was in the nature of a pre-release anti-piracy measure, a remedy frequently pursued by film producers ahead of a theatrical launch.A broad spectrum of entities had been named as defendants in the matter. These included telecom service providers, internet intermediaries and cable distribution networks such as Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), MTNL, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea, Tata Communications, Sify Technologies, Hathway, GTPL Hathway, Asianet Satellite Communications and Spectra ISP Networks, along with several regional cable operators.Among the directions sought, Reliance had requested that internet and telecom intermediaries be instructed to block access to websites found hosting infringing copies of the film, upon receiving notice of such violations. The company had also asked for prohibition orders restraining cable operators and other platforms from facilitating cam-recording, duplication, broadcast, distribution or transmission of the film through cable television, DTH services, satellite systems, internet platforms or storage devices.Earlier, on December 5, the Court had granted interim protection, restraining service providers and cable operators from airing or enabling access to pirated versions of the film.However, when the matter was listed again on February 18, Reliance’s counsel conveyed the decision to withdraw the suit and made a formal endorsement to that effect. The Court subsequently passed a brief order recording the withdrawal and closing the proceedings. The judicial order did not specify any reasons for the company’s decision to step back from the case.Reliance was represented in the matter by Advocate S. Deepak, instructed by PK Law Firm.Meanwhile, the team of Dhurandhar is currently gearing up for the release of the second part of the film Dhurandhar – The Revenge. While the trailer launch is expected to be held within a few weeks, the film will hit cinemas on March 19.Also Read: Ranveer Singh returns as ‘Lyari King’ in Dhurandhar 2; insiders say his presence adds “gravitas” to the sequel

Feb 21, 2026
Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up

Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up

Smerz, Daniel Avery and James K are among those set to perform at the Southwark festival this August The post Blood Orange’s Rally Festival in London reveals stacked line-up appeared first on NME.

Feb 21, 2026
What Happened to Xbox President Sarah Bond? Amid Phil Spencer's Retirement and Asha Sharma's Promotion, Long-Term Protégé Resigns

What Happened to Xbox President Sarah Bond? Amid Phil Spencer's Retirement and Asha Sharma's Promotion, Long-Term Protégé Resigns

As the dust settles on Microsoft's dramatic changes at the top of its gaming team, fans are digesting the shock resignation of Xbox President Sarah Bond, after nearly a decade working on the console brand.

Feb 21, 2026
Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party

Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party

Publicly addressing their deaths for the first time, he said there was no other word but "awful" to describe the loss The post Conan O’Brien says he was “in shock” after Rob Reiner was found dead hours after attending his holiday party appeared first on NME.

Feb 21, 2026
📰

Ranbir Kapoor leases five floors in Andheri for 20 years to revive RK Studios

Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor and his family are taking a major step toward reviving their cinematic legacy by leasing five floors in a commercial complex in Andheri East, Mumbai, for 20 years to establish a new iteration of the legendary RK Studios. The development, reported by multiple outlets, signals a significant return for a brand that once defined Hindi cinema.The original RK Studios, founded by Ranbir’s grandfather, the late “Showman” Raj Kapoor — was located in Chembur but was sold in 2018 after a devastating fire and mounting maintenance challenges. This new lease is seen as a bold attempt to bring the prestige and infrastructure of the studio back to life in a modern setting. According to industry reports, the five-floor space at Kanakia Wall Street will be transformed into a cutting-edge production and creative hub. Plans include soundstages equipped for virtual production, editing and post-production suites, screening rooms, VFX facilities and dedicated offices for the Kapoor family’s creative and administrative teams. The project reportedly also plans for hospitality areas and archival storage to house extensive RK memorabilia and film history.While financial terms of the lease have not been disclosed, sources suggest that operations could begin as early as mid-2026, contingent on final clearances and approvals. The facility is expected to host multiple film and advertising shoots simultaneously, making it a competitive entrant among Mumbai’s production spaces.The revival comes amid broader speculation about Ranbir Kapoor’s creative ambitions, with insiders hinting that the new studio could serve as the base for his future directorial ventures. Industry observers see the move as not only a tribute to RK Studios’ storied past but also a strategic investment in the future of Indian cinema.Also Read: Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Dad’ moment with Raha steals attention as Alia Bhatt joins Neetu at a wedding

Feb 21, 2026
Matthew McConaughey says apprehensions around AI won’t last: “There’s too much money to be made, and it’s too productive”

Matthew McConaughey says apprehensions around AI won’t last: “There’s too much money to be made, and it’s too productive”

The actor - who has been an investor in AI company ElevenLabs for many years - said his peers should trademark their voices and likeness, “so when it comes, no one can steal you" The post Matthew McConaughey says apprehensions around AI won’t last: “There’s too much money to be made, and it’s too productive” appeared first on NME.

Feb 21, 2026

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.