Latest News

Man charged over museum heist after precious Egyptian artefacts allegedly found in camper

February 16, 2026 at 02:35 AM
By Sydney Morning Herald
A 52-year-old man has been charged after priceless Egyptian artefacts were allegedly stolen from a Queensland museum.

Analysis & Context

A 52-year-old man has been charged after priceless Egyptian artefacts were allegedly stolen from a Queensland museum. Man charged over museum heist after precious Egyptian artefacts allegedly found in camper. Stay informed with the latest developments and expert analysis on this important story.

Related Articles

Japan's economy barely grows in the last quarter as exports slow, with 2025 expansion just 1.1%.

Japan's economy barely grows in the last quarter as exports slow, with 2025 expansion just 1.1%.

Japan has reported its economy expanded at an anemic 0.2% annual pace in the last quarter, with growth for 2025 at just 1.1%

Feb 16, 2026
Kim Jong un opens new housing district for families of North Koreans killed in Ukraine war

Kim Jong un opens new housing district for families of North Koreans killed in Ukraine war

North Korea says it completed a new housing district in Pyongyang for families of soldiers killed while fighting alongside Russian forces in Ukraine

Feb 16, 2026
Campaigning starts for Nepal’s first election since deadly anti-corruption protests

Campaigning starts for Nepal’s first election since deadly anti-corruption protests

Nepalese candidates launched their campaigns on Monday for next month’s parliamentary election, the first since deadly anti-corruption protests toppled the previous government last year. “This election will draw the future of the country,” Sushila Karki, who is serving as interim prime minister until the March 5 vote, said ahead of the launch. The youth-led protests were triggered by a brief social media ban but were fuelled by anger at economic stagnation and an ageing elite seen as out of...

Feb 16, 2026
A fireworks store explosion in China kills 8 ahead of Lunar New Year

A fireworks store explosion in China kills 8 ahead of Lunar New Year

An explosion and fire at a fireworks shop in eastern China has killed eight people and left two others with minor burns

Feb 16, 2026
8 dead in fireworks shop blast at start of China’s Lunar New Year holiday

8 dead in fireworks shop blast at start of China’s Lunar New Year holiday

The Ministry of Emergency Management has warned officials of the urgent need to prevent a repeat of the fireworks explosion that killed eight people in Jiangsu province, eastern China, on Sunday, the start of the country’s nine-day Lunar New Year holiday. The ministry convened an emergency meeting following the blast at a fireworks shop in Dongan village in Donghai county, which happened after a villager “improperly set off fireworks near the store”. According to state broadcaster CCTV, two...

Feb 16, 2026
đź“°

Man jailed 5 months for molesting woman after claiming he was her father’s workmate

Om Kumar Rai, 42, kissed the back of her hand twice before grabbing her breast.

Feb 16, 2026