Latest News

Steven Soderbergh On Giving Disney Nearly Three Years Of “Free Work” For Unmade ‘Star Wars’ Sequel: “We Were All Frustrated”

February 18, 2026 at 10:06 PM
By Glenn Garner
Steven Soderbergh On Giving Disney Nearly Three Years Of “Free Work” For Unmade ‘Star Wars’ Sequel: “We Were All Frustrated”
Following last year’s fan campaign for the unrealized Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo, Steven Soderbergh assures he’s just as frustrated about the scrapped sequel. The Oscar-winning director noted that he “thought the next two years of my life were going to be spent making a Star Wars movie” as he opened up at […]

Analysis & Context

Following last year’s fan campaign for the unrealized Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo, Steven Soderbergh assures he’s just as frustrated about the scrapped sequel. The Oscar-winning director noted that he “thought the next two years of my life were going to be spent making a Star Wars movie” as he opened up at […] This article provides comprehensive coverage and analysis of current events.
Following last year’s fan campaign for the unrealized Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo, Steven Soderbergh assures he’s just as frustrated about the scrapped sequel. The Oscar-winning director noted that he “thought the next two years of my life were going to be spent making a Star Wars movie” as he opened up at […] Steven Soderbergh attends the 'Presence' premiere on Jan. 16, 2025 in New York, New York. John Nacion/PMC Following last year’s fan campaign for the unrealized Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo, Steven Soderbergh assures he’s just as frustrated about the scrapped sequel. The Oscar-winning director noted that he “thought the next two years of my life were going to be spent making a Star Wars movie” as he opened up at a recent Q&A about Disney passing on the project, despite Lucasfilm being on board. “It was no surprise that she was frustrated,” he told BKMag of Kathleen Kennedy’s reaction. “We were all frustrated. You know, that was two and a half years of free work for me and Adam and Rebecca Blunt. When Adam and I discussed him talking about it publicly, I said, ‘Look, do not editorialize or speculate about the why. Just say what happened, because all we know is what happened.’ The stated reason was ‘We don’t think Ben Solo could be alive.’ And that was all we were told. And so there’s nothing to do about it, you know, except move on.” Related Stories News Steven Soderbergh Talks Rejected ‘Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo’ Script As Fans Campaign Disney

Related Articles

Cookie Consent

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, and serve personalized ads. By clicking "Accept", you consent to our use of cookies. You can learn more about our cookie practices in our Privacy Policy.